Do you ever would like there was a single TIG welding rod that would weld all the things? Properly Give up previously! Its not gonna take place. But if you want to know the bare minimum arsenal of tig welding rods it requires to weld darn close to anything, listed here is my down and dirty checklist. The to start with 5 rods are the most practical will acquire treatment of 90 percent of all your tig careers.
- E70S2–for welding gentle metal, 4130 chromoly, and other very low alloy steels
- ER308–virtually every single stainless steel can be welded with this rod
- ER309–substantial carbon stainless steels like 400 sequence, and for welding stainless to carbon steel as effectively as other dissimilar metallic apps
- 4043–very best all close to aluminum rod
- Hastelloy W– aka AMS 5786 is the finest all purpose rod ever for all steels when you don’t know specifically what kind of steel you have.
- AZ101—The least crack delicate welding rod for magnesium castings
- CP TI– also known as AMS 4951, commercially pure titanium can be employed on any greater toughness weldable titanium
- SILBRO–aka Silicon Bronze —-for copper alloys and tons of other utilizes like copper to stainless, copper to steel, can be made use of for tig welding solid iron as well.
- Al BRO– aka Aluminum Bronze—-good rod for welding cast iron on A/C. More robust than SILBRO
- UTP 99% Alloy 59 Nickel Alloy Welding Rod from airgas —–A further good rod for welding forged iron. very machinable and crack resistant.
- Alladin 3 in 1 or Durafix–for tig welding pot metal… welding pot metal blows, but sometimes you have to do it.
There you have it, 11 tig welding rods that allow you weld pretty much every single metal beneath the sunshine. This data is not supposed to be utilised as a substitute for engineering data for crucial welds. These are just some welding rods I have employed with good results. I hope it can help you.